At last it seems as though the storms have passed and spring has arrived! It’s such a beautiful time of year as everything bursts into life… snowdrops, daffodils, birds and bees, new grass, leaves on trees, as well as the warm sun making an appearance from time to time.
Spring is a popular time for planning celebrations such as summer weddings and child naming days, and there is an abundance of beautiful flowers and endless greenery to add the finishing touches to your special occasion.
Whether you are planning a wedding, vow renewal, naming day or commitment ceremony, there is so much to think about along with the venue, catering, outfits etc. But don’t worry there are lots of professionals out there to help you… and I’m one of them! If I could offer you any advice it would be:
- Be yourself & plan your day how you want it, so many people will want to advise or suggest things, stay focused… it’s YOUR day.
- Don’t compare what others are doing/not doing, you’ll stray away from your own ideas.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan, you don’t want last minute panicking.
- Bargain or budget items are not always the best option! Sometimes it’s better to do without something rather than risk disappointment with an item that looks cheap.
- Finally when budgeting (going back to the previous point) try to avoid putting your celebrant at the bottom of the list. A trained officiant is one of the most important people for your big day, and will write a unique and personal ceremony created from your story. Secure your celebrant early as a sought after professional will get booked up months if not years in advance!
Check out my Pinterest page for lots of ideas, hints and tips for all occasions and… HAPPY PLANNING!!